And now, a few highlights from this past year:
- Started a fantastic contract job last January that turned into a permanent gig in June. The company is a large, well known corporation that treats its employees like actual, real people and the perks and benefits are freaking fantastic. I've never loved my job so much. After struggling the last several years with trying to find permanent work, I feel so incredibly thankful that I landed where I did. It still seems almost unreal.
- Andy started a new job in August - on our wedding anniversary! After working for the same company for over a decade, it was time for a change. He now works for a fairly new bio-tech company that's making great strides in genetic research, specifically breast and other types of cancers. He's loving the work and the location, and we commute together on the bus every morning. Awwwwww.
- Andy and I have been fully enjoying our apartment that we've now lived in for over a year. It's a brand new unit and a wonderful building, but the neighborhood leaves quite a bit to be desired. So we're moving! Again! Our lease ends the beginning of March and we've already started looking. We want to be in the city instead of in the 'burbs where we've been for the last six years. We'll be closer to friends and can have a more walkable lifestyle, which we just can't get from our current neighborhood.
- We took a trip to New York for my birthday in October. Andy's sister and her husband live in Brooklyn, and several of our friends live back there too. We spent six days wandering through Manhattan and Brooklyn, eating, drinking, catching some shows, and taking in the whole "New York experience."
- We spent a few glorious weekends up in the islands, our favorite place in the world, celebrating a wedding, staying in our wedding venue from two years ago, and camping with some friends.
- Andy's mom moved up to Anacortes now that she's retired. She grew up there and her mom still lives up there, so she loves being back and we love visiting! She hosted Thanksgiving and Christmas in her new home and we all had a great time.
- My brother, sister-in-law, nieces, and nephew spent two weeks out here in July. They are currently stationed in middle-of-nowhere Louisiana so they had a blast being back home in the gorgeous Pacific NW during one of the best summers on record. We went out to the coast for the fourth of July, played tourist in downtown Seattle, and celebrated my nephew's 5th birthday. I miss them every day!
It was a busy year and there is a lot to look forward to in 2015!
I just realized this reads like a Christmas letter.
What have you been up to?