I love the questions this week! Head over to Chelsea's blog if you'd like to join the fun, and say nice things to her since she's been deathly ill this past week.
1. What condiments are always, always in your fridge?Sriracha, Horseradish, Mustard, Salsa...pretty much anything spicy.
2. How do you like your steak cooked? Your burgers?
Mostly I prefer medium rare, but a rib eye should be cooked at medium - all that marbling melts a bit and adds SO much flavor. I think I just had an orgasm.
Burgers are fine at medium or medium well. I don't actually mind a teensy bit of pink in the middle, but I prefer them to be cooked all the way through.
3. What’s your favorite use for fresh tomatoes?
I actually eat them like apples, with a little dash of salt sprinkled on 'em. Yummy!
And here's a PSA for everyone: DO NOT PUT TOMATOES IN THE FRIDGE. Leave them on the countertop and eat them as soon as possible. Chilling them takes away the flavor.
4. What’s your go-to dinner when you haven’t planned anything in advance and you don’t feel like going out?
I make a decent pot of spaghetti. We almost always have tomatoes on hand (not chilled, of course!) so I'll dice them up, add a bit of tomato paste, lots of onion and garlic, spinach, a bit of butter and olive oil, and let it simmer. Then I'll cook up some ground beef or sausage and add it to the sauce. Serve over pasta and VOILA.
5. What’s your favorite snack food lately?
Veggies and hummus, bread and hummus, crackers and hummus, ginormous spoonfuls of hummus...
6. What’s your favorite weekend breakfast to make at home?
I LOVE breakfast foods, especially traditional breakfast foods. Eggs, bacon or sausage, toast, hash browns, juice, coffee or tea...we got a breadmaker recently that has a jam setting, so I've been making a variety of vessels for jam.
7. What’s your favorite thing to grill? How do you do it?
Don't own a grill, but I love flank steak, salmon, burgers, and veggies the most. And oysters!
8. What’s your favorite wine for under $10? If you’re not a wine person, what brand of beer is your favorite?
This is a tough one...We have a lot of local wineries that make some great wines for under $10. I'm too much of a wino to answer this.
9. Give us your most delicious cocktail recipe.
Vodka. Pellegrino. Ice. Lemon wedge. Drink.
10. How do you like your eggs?
In my mouth. Preferably over-medium or hard boiled. But really, I don't discriminate when it comes to eggs. Unless they're deviled. GET THOSE VILE BITES OF POISON AWAY FROM ME. (Apparently I do discriminate)