1. If you work, do you drive to work or take public transportation?
I don't work full time, but I am in school full time. I take public transportation. Neither The Scientist or I own a car, so we bus it everywhere. We live next to a large transit hub so a car free life is pretty easy for the day-to-day.
2. How often do you get your haircut? Do you go to the same person every time?
I don't have a set schedule. I chopped my hair off in January and that was the last haircut I've had. Since then, I've just cut/trimmed it myself. I don't care that much about fancy haircuts. I can't imagine spending more than $20 on a haircut.
3. Do you read the newspaper? If so, a hardcopy or the online version?
I LOVE reading the actual newspaper. We don't subscribe, but I read our free local publications, The Stranger and Seattle Weekly, every week. I also love to sit in a coffee shop and read the Sunday paper and do the crossword puzzle(s).
4. What is the best book you have read this year?
Haven't done too much reading in 2011, but I did love Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet. It's a wonderful story. It's historical fiction that takes place here in Seattle!5. What is the best movie you have seen this year?
Haven't been to too many movies, either, but I saw The Adjustment Bureau a couple weeks ago and enjoyed it. I read the short story years ago because I love Philip K Dick, and the movie was great.
6. Do you tend to crave sweet or salty foods?
Salty foods all the way. I don't have much of a sweet tooth. I like some sweet treats here and there, but give me chips or french fries and I'm a happy girl.
7. Do you eat breakfast every day? If so, what do you have?
I try to eat SOMETHING when I first get up. I have low blood sugar so I need to eat pretty frequently. In the morning I'll usually eat a banana and some toast, or yogurt.
8. If you celebrate Easter, what Easter treat/candy are you most looking forward to?
I don't celebrate Easter, but I do love Robin Eggs. Mmmm, malted milk balls.
9. How late is “sleeping in” to you?
I am one of those people who can easily sleep in until 1 or 2 in the afternoon. On weekends or days when I don't have an early class, I try to get up around 9 but a lot of times it's more like 10:30 or 11.
10. Where are you going on your next vacation?
Well, my mum and I are spending this coming weekend in Vegas! After that, The Scientist are taking a weekend getaway in June to Whidbey Island, and in August and early September we'll be back East for his sister's wedding, which is in Maine. (Speaking of which, I bought a dress! I'll blog about it later this week)
Have you entered my giveaway yet?