Thursday, January 3, 2013
I love certain aspects of winter. The crisp, sunny days we've been having are glorious. The snow capped mountains are breathtaking. The dark evenings are perfect for a hot cup of tea and a good book. But with the good comes the bad: dry skin, flaky scalp, chapped lips, cold fingers and toes, etc. Over the years I've found some great products to help combat those evil winter afflictions. Here are some of my favorites.
1. Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special - This shampoo & conditioner works wonders. I have a pretty terrible scalp all year round, but in the winter it gets even worse. But this stuff keeps the flakes and itchiness at bay and makes my hair feel great. Plus, the mint and tea tree oil smell so fresh and give my scalp a nice tingle. I get this at my local Hairmasters where they're almost always having a 2-for-1 sale on products.
2. Nivea Creme - I have these little tins scattered all over my house, one in my desk at work, and a few in my purse. I think it's safe to say I'm addicted. This rich cream will cure the driest of skin and the scent is pleasant and not overpowering. I use it on my hands, arms, legs...pretty much any area that gets dry. It can be a bit greasy but absorbs fairly quickly. You can find these at Target for 99 cents.
3. L'Occitane Hand Cream - I also have these scattered all over the place. I use these when I don't want super greasy hands. They absorb super fast and make your skin soooooo smooth and soft. They come in a variety of fragrances, as well. I love the cherry blossom and the shea butter.
4. The Lip Slip - Dear god, this lip balm is incredible. It is wonderfully moisturizing and glossy, but isn't sticky at all. It has a subtle fragrance with a hint of rose. I wear this during the day sometimes, but mostly I slather it on at night before bed.
5. Boots Restoring Night Treatment - I've always had really oily skin and used to devote my life trying to fight it. This, of course, only made it more oily since my skin was craving the moisture that I was withholding. Now, my favorite part of the day is washing my face before bed and applying a thick layer of this stuff all over my face and neck. My skin drinks it right up and leaves it feeling perfectly soft and moisturized. Now that I'm in my 30s, I'm a bit more aware of the fine lines and wrinkles that I have, and my skin is healthier and more firm since I've been using this. Also? I get it at Target for $6.99. WIN.
6. Stila All Over Shimmer - This stuff does exactly what the name suggests. It can be used on the face or the body and provides a beautiful shimmery glow, which my skin desperately needs in the winter.
What are some of your favorite winter beauty products?
- 2013 (17)
- 2012 (63)
- 2011 (103)
- 2010 (90)
- 2009 (70)
- 2008 (2)
- ▼ 2013 (17)
- ► 2012 (63)
- ► 2011 (103)
- ► 2010 (90)
- ► 2009 (70)